Sunday, May 1, 2011

The Seaway Serpentarium

I always try to keep my blog upbeat, nothing sad or tragic, its not the purpose of the blog.

But today I change the rule, I am a herper, I love reptiles, amphibians, as well as arachnids. I received a message yesterday a old friend, a person that took his life and dedicated it to these animals had a very serious and life threatening stroke, Karel Fortyn. I have not seen or talked to Karel in to many years to count now, but always knew I could walk up to him and we would talk like we had seen each other yesterday. Karel was a person I certainly looked up to, learned about animals from, and spent allot of time with talking well after hours when the serpentarium closed for the day.

So I felt necessary to talk about this great person on my blog today, hope you recover karel. 

1 comment:

  1. Sad to hear, Karel passed away this morning, he will be missed the reptile community lost a great person

    ReplyDelete